Could you be our Young Musician of the Year?
Now in its fourth year, we are inviting entrants to our prestigious Young Musician of the Year competition.
Current champion Angelina Dorlin-Barlow said, “Southport Young Musician is a great experience. It’s made me a much better musician as I’ve been told from someone else’s point of view how to improve my playing and singing. It’s a good performance opportunity and it’s lovely to appreciate the performances of other contestants! It’s a great competition and there are so many benefits to take away.”
Students between Year 3 through to Year 13/ sixth form may enter the competition, which will be held on 9-13 July at Holy Trinity Church, Southport. It costs £3 to enter and the overall winner will receive a trophy, £100 and the opportunity to perform at Holy Trinity Church.
There is also a runner-up prize and a Most Promising prize. Each Individual class winner also receives a trophy.
Southport Young Musician of the Year Competition: Factfile
- Trinity Arts began SYMC in 2015
- Young people aged 7 to 18 can apply in many disciplines, including singing
- Angelina won the first and third year
- Rachel Burnett won in 2016
- First prize receives a trophy and £100
- There are also prizes for second, most promising newcomer and each class
For more information or to request an application form please email Rosemary Barton email@example.com or use the form below.