Winner Victoria Woodier receiving her cheque from sponsors Whittakers Schoolwear manager Lorna Brown
Southport Young Musician of the Year 2019
Could you be this year’s Champion? Whether you’re a singer or play an instrument; whether you live in Southport or anywhere else in the UK, if you’re in years 3 – 13 at school/college, you can enter!
Last year’s Southport Young Musician of the Year competition was a great success, with thirty youngsters taking part over the week.
The final was performed in front of an audience including Southport MP Damien Moore, who said, “It was a pleasure to be here tonight and I’m extremely impressed with so many talented young individuals. They are a true inspiration.”
Congratulations to everyone who took part, and a special well done to champion Victoria Woodier, Runner Up Henry Shenton and Most Promising Lana Jackson.
Thank you to our adjudicator Marc Murray, our special guest Angelina Dorlin-Barlow and a special thanks to sponsors Whittakers Schoolwear and Lorna Brown, who presented the cheque.
Do check out our videos of the performances.
Southport Young Musician of the Year Competition: Factfile
- Trinity Arts began SYMC in 2015
- Young people aged 7 to 18 can apply in many disciplines, including singing
- Angelina won the first and third year (2015 and 2017)
- Rachel Burnett won in 2016
- Victoria Woodier won in 2018
- First prize receives a trophy and £100
- There are also prizes for second, most promising newcomer and each class
- In 2018 Whittakers Schoolwear became the sponsor