Who will be Southport Young Musician of the Year?
Now in its fourth year, we’re excited about the approach of the competition in July.
Current champion Angelina Dorlin-Barlow said, “Southport Young Musician is a great experience. It’s made me a much better musician as I’ve been told from someone else’s point of view how to improve my playing and singing. It’s a good performance opportunity and it’s lovely to appreciate the performances of other contestants! It’s a great competition and there are so many benefits to take away.”
Southport Young Musician of the Year Competition: Factfile
- Trinity Arts began SYMC in 2015
- Young people aged 7 to 18 can apply in many disciplines, including singing
- Angelina won the first and third year
- Rachel Burnett won in 2016
- First prize receives a trophy and £100
- There are also prizes for second, most promising newcomer and each class
Come and watch the final, open to the public for the first time. Just turn up on Friday 13 July at Holy Trinity Church, at 6.30pm. £3 on the door.